Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Wolves in the Walls


Neil Gaiman has outdone himself again. I asked the library to order one of his children's books called "The Wolves in the Walls." It finally came in, so I checked it out and took it home to read to Gracie. I was a little worried at first because the artwork is very dark, especially paired with the story...

Gracie, who will be 4 in September, was completely engrossed by the book. She made me read it twice in a row to her. At first, she didn't quite understand everything that was happening, so the second time around, she asked me to explain everything that was happening in the pictures. Since then, she's been talking about it nonstop. We read it to her a total of 3 times that first night...and she made Jenn read it to her 3 times the next day as well. In addition, it's a story I love to read...there's plenty of subtle jokes for adults.

If you have a little 'un, or if you're ever around kids, try reading this book to them...

No comments: