Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Top 15 Time

Thank heaven for Last.fm.

I decided to get to work on my Top 15 for 2007, seeing as how Christmas is just around the bend. This has become the easiest task EVER thanks to my Overall Top Tracks chart on Last.fm.

For those of you unaware, Last.fm keeps track of what you're listening to, and "scrobbles" music to it's webpage. From there, it gives you recommendations based on what you listen to and creates charts to let you get a visual of what you've been listening to. It tracks your favorite artists, albums, and songs.

And viola! I was able to quickly and efficiently narrow my TRUE favorite tracks of the year down to about 20. Now all I have to do is pick and choose who goes and who stays.

In udder words, check out Last.fm. And even if you don't, get to work on YOUR Top 15!

So, what is this Top 15 thing? Well, all of our pals make mixed cds of our 15 favorite tracks from the year, then at our annual Christmas party, everyone brings enough copies for everyone else, and we swap! It's the bestest way to find out your friends' true tastes and to get an earful of music you may have never heard before. We get all crazy about it and make our own cd covers and all. If you're interested in joining in, let me know, and I'll try to get a decent tally on how many copies everyone will need to bring come December.

Yay!

No comments: