Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cough, hack, sneeze...

I'm back! With a vengeance! As Nick reported, I spent the weekend in the care of the fine folks at Adena Regional Medical Center, laid up by the nasty pneumonia goblin. Now, I'm on my way up, up, up, with Levaquin, (prescription-strength) Mucinex, an inhaler, and steroids. And the daggone steroids have me bouncing off the walls. I swear, while trying to sleep last night, my eyes felt as big as quarters!

'Lil Gracie has a cold, too, and is also taking some anti-biotics and cough syrup, and Nick headed to Dr. Tucker's office this morning with the same bug. Hopefully he can nip it in the bud before it gets him down as bad as it did me.

So, in other words, we've been ailing, but we're fighting bac! (Haha)

This Friday is our annual Halloween Party, which is sure to be a hoot. Nick, as you know, will make his attempt to look like Tom Waits, and I'll be appearing as none other than Betty Boop! Boop-oop-a-doop! :) Festivities will begin around 7ish.

I'm also back to school today, and I'm amazed at how quickly this quarter has flown by. I've missed a lot, which sucks, but I think I'm back on track for good now. All of the surgeries are done until the beginning of the year, when Mom will have her gall bladder removed. She had a very successful heart cath two Thursdays ago, and her doctor, (check this name out:) Bipinpreet Nagra, healed her quite well. Turns out, she had a rhythm problem and all he needed to do was burn a small place in her heart so that her synapses would have a place to go. Or something like that. Nonetheless, she's doing much, much better.

On a romantic note, Nick and I will celebrate our first anniversary next Wednesday, and we'll be heading to Cleveland for the weekend following. He's taking me to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which I've never been to, and he's got some other tricks up his sleeve that I'm unaware of. I love surprises! :)) Perhaps for next Wacky Wednesday, our pals will celebrate this monentous occasion with us. I'll tell ya, it's so strange, I feel like I just met Nick yesterday and that I've known him all my life both at the same time. He's the man of my dreams, and I still feel as lucky as the day I married him.

My recommendations for this week: "Death Proof" and "Planet Terror," better known as the double feature "Grindhouse." Amazing, amazing, amazing.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Jenn
Glad to hear your better and out of the hospital also
Congratts on the 1 year Anniversary.
Cindy