Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Lack of CD Dilemma

I got a message on MySpace from a guy in New York who couldn't find a place to buy one of my CDs. Crap! I don't have any CDs for sale. He listened to some of my stuff on last.fm, but only had internet access at work. So, I sent him a free copy of some of my old recordings in the mail. I figure if he wants it bad enough to ask a stranger for it on MySpace, he deserves it, postage free...

I'm working on an album...hopefully to be released at the end of the summer. I finished a rough draft of one of the songs, yesterday. I plan on doing more polished versions of some of my older songs, but mostly newer songs. I'm still plodding through the process of getting familiar with my new recorder. Perhaps I'll buy it a beer tonight...

Anyone have any advice for making vocals sound good? My recorder came with all kinds of effects...but the best of them have a little too much echo and sound a little tinny...and the worst of them just make me sound like a robot. I might end up just letting the natural echo of the room be my reverb. The reverb on the recorder has all kinds of fuzz and static on it.

Also, if there are any stray drummers out there, I needs me one...

No comments: